Intro to Percussion
This class is designed for students 5 – 8 years old. The children will be learning musicality, rhythm and developing many more skills while having fun and playing percussion instruments!
Your child will:
NEXT SESSION: 6/29 – 8/3
6 weeks / $150 per student
(Family discount available for multiple sign ups)
- learn multicultural drumming patterns
- play alone & together (cooperation!)
- hone their listening skills and improve focus
- use their creativity making their own rhythmic patterns.
- play on various instruments
- participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
When you expose your young children to music, it helps them grow tremendously – across the board! This class is a great starting ground, to either build upon foundations they’ve started learning, or as a precursor for private music training. Below are some ways that Intro to Percussion will benefit your child!
- Increase gross and fine motor skills & helps to develop muscle tone in the hands and arms.
- Develop a sense of beat and rhythm
- Strengthen/reinforce hand-eye coordination
- Encourage imaginative play and storytelling through sound effects
- Increase listening (and hence, reading) skills
- Reinforce & emphasize self-discipline and self-control
- Develop patterning skills and learn basic mathematical concepts of sequencing, numerical order, counting forwards and backwards and addition/subtraction
- Develop a sense of teamwork and social skills such as sharing, taking turns, etc.
- Develop sense of cultural awareness